Bread Gulab Janum an instant gulab jamun that can be made during any occasions. On the auspicious occasion of Diwali we have lots of work to do and indian tradition says making sweets on Diwali or any other occasion is important and a good way to welcome our god and guests. After so much of work when it comes to make dessert or sweets we always think of something instant.So making it easy i tried to make something which is not even out of our tradition and also get ready quickly. Just 30 mins and our Gulab Jamun’s are ready to serve. They have no difference like normal gulab janum’s, infact they are more soft and smooth texture. The beast desert liked by everyone in family.
Well when my family first time tasted gulab jamun they were super surprised to know that they were made of normal bread. Just bread and milk and sugar syrup. As we cut the sides of the bread make sure you can use the bread sides for making bread crumbs, bread croutons or bread tadka.
Indian traditions are mostly celebrated with sweets and gulab jamuns are mostly liked by everyone. Now not disturbing our traditions and to enjoying the celebrations this instant gulab jamun can help us. Its specially great recipe of the working women who always need to make out time for such things.
So do follow very simple and easy steps to make this quick and instant Gulab Jamun’s and enjoy with your family. Happy Diwali 😀
and more sweets sweets 🙂
SERVINGS: 5 -6
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 30 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
Bread 1 packet
Milk 1/2 cup
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup water
Lemon 1/2 (option)
Oil to fry
- First will take our fresh bread packet and check that they are fine and fresh.
2. Now one by one will take the bread slices and cut their sides. Properly every sides should be taken off.
3. After cutting all breads sides keep them in big plate. Do not throw the sides of bread that can be used to make bread crumbs.
4. Break all the bread slices into small pieces. not much small normal size can do.
5. Take 1/2 cup milk. Its general measure but you need to put milk by spoon one by one. Make sure you don’t pore milk at once.
6. Now with help of spoon pour milk over bread and with help of hand mash the bread pieces.
7. One by one pour milk and knead the bread dough properly.
8. Now when bread is well mashed will stop adding milk and with light hands knead the dough well.
9. As the dough is done it will exactly looks like normal dough of roti.
10. Keep it aside for just 2 mins. Keep oil for frying the jamuns.
11. After 2 mins will check the dough it should be soft not hard.
12. Now make small balls of the dough, i made them in cylinder shape 😀
13. As all rolls are done will fry them well till they get golden brown.
14. Till our rolls are getting fry, side by side will make our sugar syrup.
15. Place a pan or big vessel on side gas and add 1 cup sugar into it.
16. Add 1/2 cup water and on the flame. boil the water and let the sugar get melt.
17. Now heat the syrup on medium flame and after 5 – 6 mins add half lemon juice.
18. Now mix them well and cook the syrup till it gets little thick.
19. Now as the syrup is ready our rolls are also fried well.
20. As they are done off the syrup flame and add the jamun’s roll directly into sugar syrup.
21. Now let the syrup get absorb by the janum’s well.
22. Its important sugar syrup should get inside the janum’s.
23. For start rolls will be bit hard but once added in sugar syrup they will get soft.
24. Now till they are getting ready will chop almonds to garnish the Gulab Jamun’s.
25. Now after few mins will take out our gulab jamun’s in servin bowl and garnish them with chopped almonds.
26. Now they are ready to serve. Present them hot or chilled they are lovely.