Muli Bhurji, special dish from north india. Muli/Radish ki sabji is so easy and quick to make. As we boil muli/radish so it takes very less time to get prepare. Usually ridish is used for salad, but sometimes radish are so sharp in taste that its hard to have them in salad. same situation was been faced by me so i thought of making something different and planed to make the bhurji.
Its just simple boiled muli dish sauted in indian masala. Ingredients are so simple and easily can get from kitchen. Muli paratha is very much famous and every one loves it. But trying something different is good.
If anyone who dnt like muli can try this as its do not taste like muli at all and have very different taste. You can serve them with roti, naan and even bread. I tried it in sandwich pattern and it was super yummy.
Muli is winter season vegetable as it gives good amount of heat to body its a great vegetable. Its leaves are more beneficial so make sure u do not throw them. If you use the radish, can make only leaves sabji same this way or just chop them and saute them in mustard oil with some dry spices.
Green leafy vegetables are all time beneficial and healthy for everyone. So enjoy cooking healthy food for your friends and families 🙂
COURSE: Dinner / Lunch
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 20 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
Muli 1 – 2 bunch
Ginger n Garlic paste 2 tsp
Red chili powder
Salt to tast
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Wash the bunch of radish/ muli well, now cut the roots.
- Chop them finely and make sure to use fresh muli and leaves.
3. Now wash them again and put them in cooker add little water and pinch of salt.
4. As its muli bhurji, we are boiling it and also it will help to reduce the bitterness of muli.
5. Close cooker and give 2 – 3 Whistle. Let it gets boiled nicely.
6. When its done, open it and let it gets bit cool down.
7. Now drain all water and with help of your both hand squeeze the muli and remove all extra water.
8. You can also use muslin cloth to remove extra water. keep them aside.
9. Chop onion, and tomato’s. Heat a kadhai and add mustard oil. Mustard oil gives a very nice flavour to Muli bhurji.
10. Add cumin seeds, as its done together add chopped onion, tomato and ginger garlic paste.
11. On high flame cook them well. As tomato get bit soft add dry ingredients.
12. Dry spices red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to taste.
13. Mix them well and on high flame mash them well.
14. After few mins oil will get start releasing.
15. When oil get released will add boiled muli into the masala.
16. Lower the flame.
17. Mix them together well and cook on lower flame for few mins.
18. After 5 – 6 mins off mix them again and off the flame.
19. Serve it hot with roti, naan, or even with bread 😀