Muthia, tea time best snacks. Crispy, crunchy soft chickpeas bread toast kind of dish. Muthia is called as its been given shape of muthi. Its a Gujarati very famous authentic dish.
You can make it in any flavour of your choice i made it simple. if you want can add doodhi (bottle gourd) , spinach or only coriander leaves. It totally depending on you what kind flavour you like. Chickpeas flour and wheat flour should have 3:1 ration. As its a Gujarati dish it should have some sweetness but i dint added again its totally upto your choice.
Just make sure it is cooked on medium flame to give it crunchy texture. Serve it with sauce or any chutney you like. its the best dish for snacks time and tea time, can be serve for parties snacks too. Easy to make and you can also enjoy the party.
So do follow the below steps and enjoy the yummy dish 🙂
SERVINGS: 4 – 5
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 30 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
3 cup Chickpeas flour
1 cup Wheat flour
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Baking soda pinch
2 Green chili chopped
Chopped coriander leaves
7 – 8 garlic
Salt as per taste
2 tsp Oil
Curd 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds 2 tsp
Flex seeds garnishing
- Starting will mix all dry ingredients in big plate. both flour, spices, garlic and coriander leaves.
2. Now add oil and curd into it.
3. Mix them well and with help of water slowly slowly knead dough and prepare a nice dough like we make for roti.
4. Take small balls and shape them in cylindrical and me the rolls.
5. Now will steam them. you can steam them in steamer or m using big vessel to steam them. make sure you grease the steamer or place cloth below the rolls so they do not stick.
6. Steam them on medium flame for 10 – 15 mins. meanwhile in between keep checking them with help of knife if it comes clear then its done.
7. Now will let them cool for some time. As its done will cut them round shape.
8. Heat a pan add little oil, now add cumin seeds and when it crackle one by one will place the rolls over the pan. shallow fry them on medium flame.
9. Shallow fry muthia from both side till it gets golden brown and crispy.
10. Garnish Muthia with some roasted flex seeds and serve hot with green chutney.