Raw Tomato sabji, for yummy tangy super delicious sabji follow the simple step to step process and enjoy the recipe.
Tomato tangy sabji is spicy, tangy and sweet in taste. the basic ingredients is the raw tomato and jaggery. jaggery helps to give the sweet taste and thickness. this dish can be serve with roti, bread and rice. I love having this dish with rice and its so easy and quick to make that any time hungry i make it and have quickly.
My mom use to make this dish for me when ever unexpectedly i use to feel hungry. you can also use it as chutney with the main course.
You can use green or red tomatoes and even you can make this dish with normal tomatoes. spices can be added as per your taste and just remember to add little sweetness if you dnt like much sweet. sugar can also be added if you want but jaggery have its own traditional flavor.
Gransh it with coriander leaves and serve hot and enjoy.
COURSE: Lunch / Dinner
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 10mins
PREP TIME:3 mins
COOK TIME: 7 mins
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Mustard oil 2 tsp
Jaggery as per taste
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- First will wash our raw tomatoes well. here i got this very green raw tomatoes. You can also go with light red one.
2. Now chop them, size doesn’t matter. if tomatoes are small just give four cuts.
3. Heat oil in kadhai or pan. mustard oil give a pungent taste so m using that. heat it well and add mustard seeds let it pops.
4. Now add the chopped tomatoes in kadhai and mix them well, medium the flame.
5. Next will add the dry spices red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt as per taste.
6. Mix them well and lower the flame for few mins.
7. Now crush the jaggery, so that when we add it gets well mixed.
8. Now mix the jaggery and add little water to cook the tomatoes well.
9. Mix them, medium the flame and give it a boil.
10. Now cover it with lid and let it cook well.
11. When you feel its done, lower the flame and with help of spoon just mash them little.
12. Off the flame and garnish them with coriander leaves.
13. Serve them hot with Roti, Bread or Rice. enjoy 🙂