Oats species of cereal grain, they hep in lowering cholesterol levels as they are rich in soluble fibers. Its a very healthy breakfast option. Super easy to cook and quickly gets ready. overnight oats are just soaking oats in milk with your other loving ingredients.
On the special occasion of 15 Aug i made this Tiranga Oats. The combination i used here are sweet and tangy. Kiwi and papaya mix. Papaya used to give the orange color, Kiwi used for green color and for white i used grated coconut.
Overnight oats basic is to soak the oats into milk for over night, rest is your wish to make the combination with anything. toppings can be done with the dry fruits or choco chips, berries any thing.
The consistency depend on you if you like thick add less milk and curd or more you want can even add at any stage. I tried my best to give a good tangy sweet combination for the special occasion.
So do follow the very simple steps and enjoy making overnight oats with friends and families.
Foe more Tiranga dish check Healthy Tiranga Drink 🙂
COURSE: Breakfast / Snacks
SERVINGS: 1 bowl
TIME: ½ hr, re-fridge- overnight
Papaya 1 cup
Kiwi 1 cup
Coconut grated ½ cup
Quick Oats 1 cup
1 Cup Skimmed milk
Curd / Yogurt ½ cup
2 tsp Flex seeds
4 tsp Honey
- Starting with oats will take 1 cup quick oats or instant oats and add a cup of skimmed or cow milk and mix them well.
2. If you are not diet person you go with any milk.
3. Now will keep the soaked oats aside for 15 mins.
4. Now Peel and roughly cut the Papaya.
5. Also carefully peel and roughly cut the Kiwi.
6. I am making this in Indian flag color combination so I am doing this, but if you making it in normal add your own flavors.
7. Now with a crusher will crush the papaya, make sure you keep some pieces for garnishing 😉
8. Now same will crush the Kiwi.
9. Transfer the crushed kiwi and papaya in both the divided yogurt. If you want you can go with normal curd too.
10. First will mix curd into kiwi add 1 tsp roasted flex seeds.
11. Then papaya and add 1 tsp flex seeds.
12. Now will take the oats and mix honey into it, you can also go with sugar or any sweetness you like.
13. Now will take 3 bowls and divide our soaked oats into 3 proper parts.
14. one bowl will mix the kiwi curd, in other papaya curd and in last will add the grated coconut.
15. Take the jar in which will serve this, our down layer will be kiwi layer so will place some kiwi and fill the kiwi oats.
16. Then the second layer will be of coconut oats.
17. Finally last will be of papaya one.
18. Place them properly and keep them in fridge for few mins/ overnight to get set.
19. Serve it chilled if you want can add more milk into it and sweet as per your taste.