Herbal drink to consume in cold. While monsoon it’s the best drink to have. Herbal drink / Kadha is a drink where herbs and spices are boiled in proper manner to get proper extract of the spices. Basically the ingredients are so simple that you can easily get in kitchen. Its best because you can consume it anytime. Make it and have it multiple times in a day as tea, just make sure you heat it before you have it.
This kadha contains ginger, cinnamon, tulsi/basil, black pepper etc… which helps to get recover from cold and Throat infection. During our childhood my mom use to give this drink all time even at fever. Because this drink helps to heal from inside and gets our digestion properly which is quiet important during weakness.
The best way to take this Kadha is drink it in night and cover your whole body and go for sleep. Atlest 2 hrs do not take anything this will silently start working and next morning you will get fresh.
So do follow the simple steps and make the healthy herbal drink at home and stay fit 🙂
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 10 mins
PREP TIME: 3 mins
COOK TIME: 7 mins
Ginger 1 inch
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
Black pepper 1 tsp
5 – 6 Tulsi / Basil leaves
2 tsp Honey
1 tsp Tea (option )
- First Important thing you can also serve this to kids but make sure make it little less spicy.
2. Now starting will place a vessel with 3 cup water.
3. Now on the flame and let it get little hot, when you start seeing the small bubbles lower the flame.
4. Now crush the ginger and black pepper together.
5. Now add basil leaves/ tulsi and crush little more.No need of crushing them finely.
6. Now add this mixture into water and medium the flame.
7. Also add the cinnamon powder, tea and with help of spoon give it a stir.
8. Now let the water gets boiled well and herbs and spices gets well mixed.
9. Boil the water till it gets reduce to 2 cup.
10. Now off the flame and with help of tea strainer strain the kadha in cup or hot pot.
11. Now add 2 tsp honey per cup. If you serving it to kids add more honey so that they can consume easily.
12. Each time make sure you serve it hot and finish it on day 🙂