Dal Vada, best snacks to serve in monsoon season. crispy from outside and soft from inside. Basically known best dish from south. Mostly they serve this yummy dish in festivals and occasions.
Coarsely grounded chana’s and authentic flavor of onion, ginger garlic and curry leaves gives it mouthwatering taste. you can serve them on any occasion with no time. Now a days you can easily get them in mumbai street food also. People in mumbai are dam crazy for this street food served with coconut chutney.
I made this on Sunday special and by luck also got best climate to enjoy this wonderful dish. Deep fry dishes are most liking dishes in rainy season. to enjoy it best to have with ginger tea. serve it hot with garlic chutney and tomato sauce. So do follow my simple steps below with wonderful pictures and grab every one’s attention 🙂
COURSE: Breakfast SERVINGS: 4 – 5 TIME: TOTAL TIME : 6 hrs 10 mins PREP TIME: 5- 6 hrs COOK TIME: 10 mins
INGREDIENTS : 4 cups Chana Dal 2 cups Masoor dal 2 Onion 5 – 6 Green chilies 1 tbs Garlic ginger paste Few curry leaves 1 tsp cumin seeds 1 tsp coriander powder Salt as per taste Oil for fry INSTRUCTIONS :
- Soak Chana dal and masoor dal for atlest 5 – 6 hrs.
2. If you want can soak them over night, or atlest 5 hrs till they get soft. 3. Now drain the water of both the dal.
4. Now mix both the dal and grind them roughly. make sure you do not grind it finely.
5. Now keep the batter aside and let it set for few mints. 6. Chop onion, green chilies and make ginger garlic paste.
7. Now will mix the copped onion and chilies, paste and curry leaves in the batter.
8. Add cumin seeds, coriander powder and salt as per taste.
9. Mix them well, keep the batter aside for few mints to get set. 10. Now after few mints take batter and make vadas of them.
11. While making vadas, heat oil in small kadhai for frying the vadas. 12. Now as the oil is hot one by one will fry the vadas on medium flame till it gets golden brown.
13. Fry them well and serve them hot with tomato sauce or garlic chutney 🙂