Ragi Chutney, (finger millet) is been very well known for “Super Cereal” that control diabetes, cancer and lots more.
Finger millet / nachni has a very high protein content, its rich in source of minerals, it has anti – microbial properties. Research also says it has anti – cancer potential. It helps to reduce bad cholesterol and keeps you young.
When i got to know so many benefits about Finger millet / nachni i searched for the best recipe i can make. mostly people make Ragi malt, dosa or ladoo. As thinking something different i planed to make some raw tangy dish of ragi as i liked it raw taste very much.
Ragi dosa recipe is one of very famous dish but i thought why not to make plain dosa and have yummy chutney. so using some taste sense i tried this chutney and it came so well that my all family members where tempting to have this wonderful chutney 😀
Do follow quick, easy and very simple steps and go for the tangy tasty chutney 🙂
SERVINGS: 4 – 5
TIME: 5 mins
1 cup Ragi/Nachni/Finger millet
1 cup Curd
1 inch Ginger
5 – 6 Garlic cloves
6 – 7 Green chilies
1 tsp Rai/ Mustard seeds
1 tsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Starting with chutney will soak Ragi/Nachni/Finger millet for atlest 2 – 3 hrs.
2. Till our ragi getting soaked will peel garlic and ginger.
3. After few hrs will drain ragi and in mixer jar will combine are all ingredients.
4. Add ragi, garlic, ginger, green chilies, mint leaves and salt as per taste.
5. Make fine paste of ragi and other ingredients.
6. Whisk the curd properly and transfer it in to big bowl.
7. Now add the ragi paste into curd. curd should be taken as per the ragi paste. Mix it well and make sure no lumps should be left.
8. If you want u can use hung curd too.
9. I have used normal sour curd so that chutney can be tangy taste.
10. Now will give tadka to chutney. Take kadhchi/ big spoon put 1 tsp oil and heat it on gas.
11. This the traditional way of giving tadka to chutney i learnt from my mom, my mom learnt from her mom 😀
12. While doing this be careful. now as the oil gets hot will add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
13. Off the flame immediately, so that curry eaves dnt get burn.
14. Now pour the oil into ragi mixture and mix it well.
15. Garnish it with mint leaves and serve it chill with Dosa, Chilla or any Paratha 🙂