Gajar Matar Sabzi recipe a very common dish of every home. Carrot and green peas dish its super delicious. Mostly people make it in dry but trying some twist i made it in gravy so that i can have this yummy dish with rice even.
Carrots / gajar and Green peas/ matar is the best combination vegetable. i added some cashew nuts into this recipe so the consistency of the gravy gets thick and the curd will make it tangy. its my own tried and tested dish. Flavor of dry spices plays the important role into it.
Its a very simple dish but best to serve during your parties and any functions. you cane serve them with rice , roti’s or tortilla’s.
So do follow the very simple steps and make this yummy dish 🙂
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 20 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
3 – 4 Carrot/ Gajar
1 cup Green peas/ Matar
6 – 7 Garlic cloves
1 inch Ginger
1 cup Curd
5 – 6 Cashew nuts
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Red chili powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Staring will wash fresh carrots/ gajar well, peel them and cut in size as you like.
2. Also rinse the fresh green peas/ matar and keep aside.
3. Now slice the onion, peel the garlic and ginger.
4. Now boil the tomatoes as we need to blanch them, so boil them well and let it cool.
5. Till the tomatoes getting cool, will make ginger garlic paste. grind them well in mixture and make paste.
6. Now will mash the boiled tomatoes and make puree. You do not need to use mixture just with help of spoon mash them.
7. Heat 2 tsp oil in kadhai or cooker, add cumin seeds and let them get little brown.
8. Now add sliced onion and ginger garlic paste.
9. Cook them well on low flame till they get golden brown in color.
10. Add the tomato puree, will lower the flame and add our dry spices coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt as per taste.
11. Higher the flame mix them well and let the excess water of puree gets dry. now lower the flame cook it till oil gets separated from sides.
12. Till the masala is getting ready will grind the cashew nuts and make nice puree. make sure you soak them before.
13. Mix one cup curd into the cashew nut puree and make a paste.
14. Pour the paste into the masala and mix them well, add little water and mix them.
15. Now add the carrots/ gajar and green peas/ matar into the mixture.
16. Higher the flame and let cook, keep checking and also stir few times so that it do not stick to bottom.
17. When you feel its almost done carrots are well cooked add the Garam masala and mix them.
18. Cook it for 5 mins then off the flame, sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and its ready to serve.
19. You can serve this yummy sabzi with roti/ tortilla , naan, rice anything. Its best with bajarey ki roti / pearl millet tortilla and home made makhan/butter.