Tomato spring onion chutney is a very simple dish to make. The delicious red color chutney with greens on them is so tempting that no one can resist to taste it. Indian tomato chutney has its own unique taste. its little spicy and tangy taste. Red tomato chutney dish is best spread to have with any slices of bread, Naan or Pulao.
Green onion is also called as scallions or green onions. It has the pretty similar taste of onion. It can be consumed raw or can also be cooked. Make sure when you cook them wash them quite well as its a root vegetable filled with mud. Usually, people use spring onion in rice or mix with vegetable but I thought to give some change to it and try something new, so I planned to make the chutney. Trust me this spring
tomato chutney is so mouthwatering and delicious with wonderful red n green color. The spring onion has its own spice it gives the tangy tomato highly pleasant taste.
The onion spring dish is so simple recipe, easy steps with handy ingredients from your kitchen. The ginger, garlic flavor takes it to another level. Lots of tomatoes and bunch of greens in spring onion. Just mashed up with a good amount of oil and the dish is done.
So go ahead try this yummy Spring onion dish. Its onion simple and easy dish. Do follow the below step by step process with images and be the best in your kitchen. Also for yummy spring onion pulao do follow the recipe from my blog Spring Onion Pulao and make them and have them with this chutney. Enjoy and serve Spring tomato chutney with Indian bread, Naan or any rice. Enjoy 🙂
COURSE: Dinner / Lunch
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 20 mins
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
4 – 5 Tomatoes
1 Bunch of spring onion
4 – 5 garlic cloves
3 -4 green chilies
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Salt as taste
3 tsp oil
- The very first step will water the tomatoes well and cut them into big size. the ratio of tomatoes depends on you as for how tangy taste you want.
2. Now will peel the bunch of spring onion and wash them well. Dry them little and chop them well.
3. Take a mixer jar add ginger, garlic and green chilies and grind then roughly if you want you can make fine paste too.
4. Heat a kadai or pan and add mustard seeds when it’s hot and let them crackle.
5. As the mustard seeds get crackled, lower the flame and add the tomatoes to it.
6. Now, will add the dry spices 1 tsp of turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt as per taste.
7. Mix them well and now higher the flame and keep mixing well.
8. After few mins, you will find the tomatoes get well mashed and start leaving oil from sides.
9. When you feel tomatoes are done well and well cooked and chopped spring onion into it and lower the flame.
10. Mix them well and higher the flame and let the spring onion water gets evaporated and after that, it will get well mashed with the tomatoes.
11. When you see tomato and spring leave the oil to add coriander leaves mix them and off the flame.
12. Serve them hot with Naan, Pulao or Bread. Enjoy 🙂