Spring Pulao delicious recipe for your lunch time or dinner too. Usually the spring onion are used to make curry or vegetables. Spring onion is super delicious vegetable, its one off my favorite vegetable. You can find poha recipe in my blog with spring onion. I just keep using it in different ways in different vegetables. This time i thought to use it in rice. Its usually used in Chinese rice but in indian style i made it in pulao.
Spring pulao recipe is my favorite because it has lots of spring onion into it. Its have very simple ingredients. You just need to hit it with some garlic, ginger some vegetables you have in fridge, yes its so simple. Just make sure the rice should be cooked well. Rice over here i have used steam kolam rice which i use it on daily basis, people mostly make with basmati rice so it taste yummy and also looks nice. I love making it with normal rice because i like the taste of this rice.
So do enjoy the delicious tempting Spring Pulao dish with curd raita or with tomato spring onion chutney. Serve it hot to your friends and families on any occasion, parties or get-together Enjoy 🙂
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 30 mins
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
2 cup rice
1 cup green peas
1 bunch spring onion
5 -6 garlic clove
1 inch ginger
5- 6 green chilies
2 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
Salt as taste
- Soak 2 cup rice in water for 1 hr. You can use any rice people mostly basmati rice, but i go with normal daily rice 🙂
2. Till our rice getting soaked will chop capsicum and carrot.
3. Now grind garlic, ginger and green chilies and make rough paste.
4. Chop the spring onion and keep it aside, to make it easy separate spring onions and greens.
5. Now place a cooker on flame and heat oil, as the oil get heated add cumin seeds and let them get light brown.
6. When cumin seeds are done add the ginger, garlic and chili paste saute it and add onions of spring onion and keep the greens aside. Mix them well and cook for 1 min.
7. Now add green peas and carrot, mix them well and cook it for 3 mins more.
8. After 3 mins pour the soaked rice and water. Water should me 1/2 inch more then rice, but sometime it vary rice to rice.
9. Put the lid of cooker and give only one whistle. After one whistle open the cooker and give a mix, check the rise will be half cooked and add more water if required.
10. Just place a lid over cooker and keep checking time to time so that it does not stick to bottom and rice get cooked well.
11. When find the rice are cooked well then add spring onion greens and chopped coriander into it.
12. Mix them well and off the flame and put lid for 5 mins more so that the flavor of greens get mixed with rice well.
13. After 5 mins its done, season it with lemon juice.
14. Serve them hot with raita or tomato spring chutney.