Sandwich roll / Bread roll recipe, best snacks to have with tea or coffee. It can also served for breakfast as its quite heavy dish. Children will love them to have in lunch box. Its very known recipe from north side.
Basically its called bread roll recipe but giving a twist and technically it has a stuffed sandwich process so i gave it name as Roll sandwich. The ingredients into it is so simple and easy that you can make it in no time.
I remember when i was child my mom use to make it for me.
seeing the shape of bread in round it was a magic for me. mom’s recipes are magic for us. i love the fried taste of rolls. its so authentic and feels like heaven to have it.
For making bread sandwich roll recipe i used usual bread. if you want you can use brown brad or multi grain bread.
I made it two ways one was frying the rolls and second was baking them. People who are diet conscious can go with the baked rolls. I used my grill for baking them, you can also bake them in oven and the one who just wanted to enjoy the dish can enjoy them frying.
Serve them hot with green coriander chutney or tomato sauce. you can serve them in parties or any occasion with your friends and families. so do follow the simple steps with wonderful pictures below and enjoy the dish.
SERVINGS: 4 – 5 rolls
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 45 mins
PREP TIME: 30 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
4-5 garlic clove
1 inch ginger
5 – 6 green chilies
4- 5 boiled potatoes
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp amchur powder
1 tsp garam masala
Salt as taste
4 – 5 bread slices
Oil for frying
- First will peel the garlic, ginger and chop them finely with green chilies.
- Then will chop the onions finely.
3. Next will peel the boiled potatoes and mash them well, make sure you mash them properly.
4. Now will add chopped onion and chopped garlic, ginger and green chili into mashed potato.
5. Adding spices red chili powder, amchur powder, garam masala and salt as taste.
6. Now mix them well. All masala should mix well into the potatoes and keep them aside.
7. Next will take water in our usual plate and the bread slices.
8. Now will dip the bread slice into water and quickly remove it and now press the bread slice and remove the water.
9. While doing that you will feel the bread slice gets soft from edges too. If you dip it for long time bread slice may get mashed while removing excess water.
10. Now with help of spoon will scoop one spoon potato mixture over the wet bread slice.
11. Now close your hand and press the bread with light hands and make balls of them. Remember press them gently not hardly. If your bread is properly wet it will bind easily 🙂
12. Now make the rolls with all bread and mixture in same way.
13. Now i have tried it in two ways one is frying the rolls and second baking them.
14. You can try both or any one of them. Health freek people can go with baking.
15. Heat the oil and fry the rolls well till it gets golden brown.
16. Second bake them in oven or grill.
17. So bake them well and serve them hot with green chutney and enjoy 🙂