Poha recipe is one of the most favorable and loved recipe for breakfast by maharastrian people. Its also one my family favorite recipe. Usually its is made as Kanda poha or Batata poha were we use onion or potato into it, but giving it little twist i tried one of my favorite ingredient into it which is Garlic.
Yes Lehsuni poha, its so simple and yummy recipe. One bite of this poha will make you eat it more. its simple that you can make it in no time. Its best dish for breakfast.
Poha is best for breakfast as its very light and good for digestion and also nutritious. If you want you can add potato or green peas also into it.
So follow the simple steps below and have yummy for tummy dish Lehsuni Poha recipe. If your looking for more such simple breakfast recipes do follow the site and enjoy 🙂
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 20 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
2 cup beaten rice/Flattened rice/ Poha
1 big onion
6-7 garlic clove/ Lehsun
4-5 green chilies
2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 cup spring onion
1 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt as taste
2 tsp oil
- First will rinse the poha in running water.
2. When you rinse the poha make sure you do not rinse poha too much. just with light hand move them and keep aside.
3. Now will peel the garlic / Lehsun and just crush them. chop the onion and green chilies.
4. Heat oil in pan or kadai. You can use any oil but i personally like mustard oil so i use that.
5. As the oil get hot add mustard seeds into it and let them crackle.
6. Now add chopped onion, garlic and green chilies. Higher the flame and let the onion get light brown.
7. Now lower the flame and add 1 tsp turmeric powder and mix them well.
8. Mix them well and just let the turmeric gets mix with onion.
9. Now will mix the poha/beaten rice into this mixture.
10. Mix them well and sprinkle salt as per taste and mix them well. If you find it too dry sprinkle some water over it and mix them.
11. After 2 mins add spring onion greens and coriander leaves into poha.
12. Mix them well and cover it for 3 mins. so that the greens flavor gets mixed. After 3 mins mix them again and off the flame.
13. Serve them hot with tomato sauce and some bhujiya 🙂