Its the easy and very knowingly dish, healthy, tasty and easy to make. mostly people use rava without roasting but i used roasted rava as it gives a smoky flavour to the curd upma recipe.
We can use any vegetables into it, make it as much as nutritious you want. I made it with simple 3 main ingredients which is vry much easy to get in kitchen.
Simple to cook, its very best for kids lunch. you can serve it for breakfast in a very short period of time. The best way of saving the time you can roast the rava when you have extra time and keep it in jar, when feel hungry only 5 mins to cook the yummy Curd Upma dish.
Its low fat recipe anyone can enjoy it and can be serve for any occasion. so follow the simple steps with images below and enjoy the yummy Curd Upma recipe.
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 15 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins
2 cups roasted semolina/ Rava
1 onion chopped
1 capsicum chopped
4-5 green chilies chopped (as per taste)
1 cup curd
2 tsp oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
Salt as per taste
- Firstly will roast the semolina/rava, if you have roasted that will save your time.
- In a kadai or pan on low flame roast the rava/semolina well till it gets brown. make sure it should not burn.
4. Now will chop onion, capsicum and green chilies.
5. Heat a kadai on higher flame. You can use any oil as per you choice , i like mustard oil/ Sarso oil so i use that.
6. If you using mustard oil heat it well so that the raw aroma of oil gets evaporated.
7. As the oil get hot well, add mustard seeds into it and let it crackle.
8. Now add chopped onion, capsicum and green chili. cook them on high flame for 2 mins.
9. After 2 mins lower the flame and pour one cup curd into it, mix them well.
10. Now add salt as per taste and add approx 2 cup water, higher the flame and mix them well and let the water comes to boil.
11. Now when the water get boiled, lower the flame and add the roasted semolina/rava into it.
12. If your rava is hot make sure you put it slowly and gradually with one hand and keep stirring with your other hand.
13. Mix them well and let it comes to boil. If required add more water. adding hot water will be good options as it will help rava to get well cook.
14. When rava soak all water and you get good consistence of rava off the flame. You will notice as the rava get set it will get more thick.
15. So adding water is totally upto you. Add water as per the thickness you want.
16. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.