Grilled Dum Aloo recipe, quick to make simple step by step with images. Grilled dum aloo recipe is mostly to be serve during any occasion. people do have misconception about dum aloo to be very hard to make.
Below do find a yummy healthy and easiest way to make restaurant type Dum aloo. Its grilled dum aloo so health conscious can also have it. its oil free recipe, no special masala. simple ingredients with 40 mins duration to make.
Its has yummy tangy taste and grilled potatoes gives them the real traditional taste. You can serve them with rice , roti or paratha.
As the ingredients and steps are so simple no need to worry on any occasion. follow the simple steps given below and hit your party or any occasion at your place and enjoy it with your friends and family…
COURSE: Dinner/ Lunch
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 40 mins
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
5 -6 garlic cloves
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp Amchur powder
1/2 tsp Asafoetida
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 bowl curd
salt as per taste.
- Firstly will wash the small potatoes well and boil them.
- Will give only 1 whilst not more then that.
- Then drain the from hot water and let them cool down little.
- Now with the help of tooth pick or fork will poke the potatoes.
5. Now in a bowl add 2 tsp oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp amchur powder and 1 tsp garam masala.
6. Now mix this oil mixture well and pour it over the boiled potatoes and give them a toss.
7. Now the baking time, if you want you can fry them but i have grilled them.
8. Now place a foil paper in grill and one by on keep the marinated potatoes in grill and grill them till they get crispy.
9. Will grill it for almost 20 mins.
10. Till the potatoes are getting grilled will make our gravy.
11. Chop tomatoes , onions and garlic together.
12. Now heat a pan or kadai, add 1 tsp oil when it get’s hot add cumin seeds into it.
13. When it get brown add chopped tomato, onion and garlic together.
14. Lower the flame and put the dry masala’s
15. 1 tsp Amchur powder, 1 tsp Garam masala, 1/2 tsp Asafoetida, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and salt as per taste.
16. Now higher the flame and mix them well, cook them on high flame till the mixture start releasing oil.
17. Now till the gravy mixture getting ready will give a check to potatoes. if you feel its not done as you want grill them little more.
18. Now Add 1 bowl curd into the gravy mixture. make sure before adding curd you whisk it properly no lumps should be there.
19. Now mix the curd well and higher the flame, add little water as per the gravy you required.
20. Now when are potatoes are ready will add the potatoes into the gravy nd mix them well.
21. Boil it on high flame for more 10 mins, so that gravy get’s inside the potatoes well.
21. After few mins off the flame and garnish the grilled dum aloo with coriander leaves.
22. Serve them hot with rice , roti or paratha enjoy…