Daila / broken cereals healthy and yummy breakfast to start your lovely day. Dalia is basically from north India. Traditionally it is made in sweet pattern adding milk and jaggery.
Daila recipe is so simple and quick to make, its get more healthy heaviness after adding moong dal. moong da is also consider as high fiber and low cholesterol food.
Daila is all time very healthy and simple food. Its low in fat, well enriched with iron and fiber.
many people have misconception that dalia is served to only ill people as it is good to digest. yes, that’s right its really good for digestion but not only for ill people.
So if your looking for healthy and quick breakfast follow the below simple steps and have a great breakfast. Enjoy….
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 20 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
1 cup Dalia / broken cereals
1 cup Green moong dal
2 Green chili
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Asafoetida
1 Tsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Basil leaves for granishing
- Soak 1 cup dalia and 1 cup Green moong dal for 10 – 15 mins. you can use any dal of your choice. I have used green moong which use for making khichadi.
- Soak them well till dal get little soft.
3. Meanwhile cut tomato and green chilies.
4. Heat a pan or cooker. I take cooker for making dalia, because water get boiled quickly in cooker.
5. Add 1 tsp oil, oil any of your choice Mustard oil, Olive oil anyone.
6. Now as oil get heated put 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and let it crackle.
7. Add chopped tomato and chili. Stir well and add 1/2 tsp Asafoetida or as per taste.
8. On high flame cook the tomato. Now add salt as per taste and mix them well.
9. If your cooking tomato on high flame make sure you keep on stirring.
10. After 6 – 7 mins when tomato get well cooked pour 2 cups water into it.
11. Let it get boiled well. put the lid of cooker but don’t close it properly, as we need to stir in between.
12. When it gets well boiled, half cover the cooker and cook it till the dal get well soft.
13. After 10 mins dal will also get well cooked. keep checking when its done. Its ready to serve.
14. Off the flame and serve the yummy healthy dalia in serving bowl and sprinkle some cinnamon powder and garnish it with basil leaves.
15. Serve it in breakfast hot and enjoy…