As the auspicious occasion of Sankashti, we please the lord Ganesha and as we all know Modak is ganeshji’s favorite sweet.
Paneer Modak recipe is something different kind of modak. Its super delicious, the yummy aroma of paneer and dry fruits is mouthwatering.
Steam paneer modak is bit different from other modaks and even taste very different.
Serve it hot and enjoy.
SERVINGS: 11 Modak
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 1 hr
PREP TIME: 30 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
1 cup Paneer
2 tbp Powdered Sugar or as per sweetness
1/2 cup finely chopped Dry fruits
1 cup All purpose flour/Maida
1 tsp Oil
- Staring with the paneer, making paneer at home is also quiet easy.
- If you want you can get it from market too.
- For paneer at home, you just need to boil the milk on high flame and when its boiled add 1 tsp lemon or vinegar.
- When you will add lemon, milk will start showing the reaction and will release all water and paneer will be form.
- Just sieve paneer and drain all water and keep it aside to get cooled.
- As paneer is getting cooled will prepare our dough.
- Take a blow add 1 cup all purpose flour, make a well into it and add 1 tsp oil into it.
- Now with help of water knead the dry ingredients into a fine dough.
- Dough should not be much hard nor much soft. its should be same like roti dough.
- Now cover the dough and keep aside till we make paneer stuffing.
11. As paneer is done, take a mixing bowl and with help of you hand crush the paneer.
12. Make sure its not hot.
13. Now add 2 tablespoon of powdered sugar and give it nice mix.
14. Now finely chop the dry fruits, you can include any dry fruits of your choice.
15. I have taken Almonds, Cashew nuts, Dry dates, Pistachios, Raisin. Chopped them finely and mix them.
16. Now combine the dry fruit mixture with paneer and mix it well.
17. Now take the dough and just give it little press and dough it again.
18. Now grease the steamer, i used big tope for those who don’t have steamer. pour water into it and now place big steel Sieve over tope. Make sure water should not touch the Sieve.
19. Cover it with white cloth or greased foil paper , so that when will place the modak it wont stick to Sieve.
20. Now take big size dough, roll it with help of your palm.
21. Now grease a flat surface with little oil. place the dough ball and roll the dough with a rolling pin.
22. Roll it in big size till you find its getting little transparent. the maida roti should be so thin.
23. Now when its done, with the help of any jar lid cut them into medium size circle.
24. As you cut them, now with help of spoon place the paneer mixture over the cutted round dough.
25. Take few drops of water and grease it on the edges of the cover.
26. Now half fold the dough and lift one side of the edge and start pleating and give it a modak shape.
27. Now prepare all modak this way and keep them covered under a moist napkin. till you are ready to steam them.
28. Now heat water in steamer or in the big tope as showed above. let the water comes to boil.
29. Now place the modak on the white cloth. place the modak’s keeping space between them so that they don’t touch each other.
30. Higher the flame and cover the tope properly.
31. Let the modak get steamed on higher flame for 7 – 8 mins.
32. The steaming time may vary upon the thickness of modak’s cover.
33. Just give it a check in between , make sure you don’t over cook the modak.
34. To check just press the momos outer cover and if its not sticking in your hand that means its done.
35. Repeat the same with other modak’s. make sure you keep it in airtight jar, so that it wont get hard soon.
36. Serve them hot first to Ganeshji then your families and friends, enjoy…