Paneer Momos recipe, easy and quick recipe. Its best recipe for breakfast, specially on Sunday enjoy it with family. Veg momos recipe you can make easily at home. trust me no one will believe its homemade momos. steamed, baked or fried can be made in any way.
Momos are one of the yummy street food. Its originally from Tibet region. We can easily find it in Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim and Manipur kind of places. But now a days it can be seen more in Mumbai street and been very much liked by mumbaikars.
Momos is a type of bun or dumplings with fillings inside. The fillings can be any type veg, non- veg. You can add any ingredients into it. Its simply made with all purpose flour knead in dough form and filling them and done with final steaming stage.
Paneer momos i made as per my family taste. its yummy , juicy and quiet heavy in filling. I have use all simple ingredients which you can easily find at home. All purpose flour, all veggies and main ingredient paneer. I tried it in two ways steam and bake. If you want you can also fry it.
Serve it hot with any chantey or tomato sauce. enjoy the step by step process and serve on any occasion.
COURSE: Breakfast/ Snacks
SERVINGS: 16 – 18
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 1 hr
PREP TIME: 45 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- 2 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Water for kneading as required
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated/finely sliced cabbage
- 1 cup chopped french beans
- 1 cup shredded paneer
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Red chili powder as per taste
- 2 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl take maida/ all purpose flour, salt as per taste and 1 tsp oil and mix them well.
- Now with help of water knead the dry ingredients into a fine dough.
- Dough should not be much hard nor much soft. its should be same like roti dough.
- Now cover the dough and keep aside till we make the filling miixture.
Paneer Momos stuffing :-
1. First will wash carrot well and peel them.
2. Now finely chop the carrot and keep aside.
3. Same will wash cabbage and grate or finely slice them and keep aside.
4. Now finely chop the beans and also grate the paneer or just crush paneer with hands and keep aside.
5. Now chop the garlic.
6. After all vegetables are ready heat a pan or kadhayi and add oil.
7. As oil get hot add chopped garlic, cabbage and beans.
8. Now on high flame mix them well so all excess water gets evaporated.
9. when you find cabbage got little soft add carrot and mix them well.
10. Make sure you dont over cook the vegetables, they should be little raw.
11. Now after 5 mins add paneer into it.
12. Now add red chili and salt as per your taste, while adding don’t forget you have added salt in outer cover too and also put red chili powder accordingly.
13. Now mix them well.
14. Now when you feel its done lower the flame and add 2 tsp tomato sauce and give a nice mix.
15. Now off the flame and add chopped onion, mix well and cover the mixture.
16. Now grease the steamer, i used big tope for those who don’t have steamer. pour water into it and now place big steel Sieve over tope. Make sure water should not touch the Sieve.
17. Cover it with white cloth , so that when will place the momos it wont stick to Sieve.
18. Now take big size dough, roll it with help of your palm.
19. Now grease a flat surface with little oil. place the dough ball and roll the dough with a rolling pin.
20. Roll it in big size till you find its getting little transparent. the maida roti should be so thin.
21. Now when its done, with the help of any jar lid cut them into medium size circle.
22. As you cut them, now with help of spoon place the paneer mixture over the cutted round dough.
23. Now take few drops of water and grease it on the edges of the cover.
24. Now half fold the dough and lift one side of the edge and start pleating and give it a momos shape.
25. Now prepare all momos this way and keep them covered under a moist napkin. till you are ready to steam them.
26. Now heat water in steamer or in the big tope as showed above. let the water comes to boil.
27. Now place the momos on the white cloth. place the momos keeping space between them so that they don’t touch each other.
28. Higher the flame and cover the tope properly.
29. Let the momos get steamed on higher flame for 7 – 8 mins.
30. The steaming time may vary upon the thickness of momos’ cover.
31. Just give it a check in between , make sure you don’t over cook the momos.
32. To check just press the momos outer cover and if its not sticking in your hand that means its done.
33. Repeat the same with other momos, if you want you can also bake the momos.
34. As i tried it and its very crunchy and yummy.
35. Serve them hot with sauce or any chantey.