Vegetable Dal soup is best soup you can have it anytime. Its healthy soup as its full of all nutritional vegetables and dal. We can add any sprouts into it to make it more healthy. Best for the people on diet who got bored with all time usual salads and soups. This soup can be consumed during any diet plan as its mouthwatering soup with full iron, calcium and more. even its filling and you wont feel hungry much after having it.
You can sever this soup with brown rice too.
Enjoy this soup in any season and be healthy…. enjoy…..
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 30 mins
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
1 cup lentils (masoor dal)
½ cup Tuvar dal
1 cup of carrots normal size chopped
1 cup sliced tomato
1 cup of green beans normal size chopped
1 tsp chopped garlic
½ cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup sliced capsicum
½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 green chilli if you want little spicy
3- 4 curry leaves
1 table spoon coriander
2 tablespoon butter / ghee or olive oil
½ teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
Salt as per taste
- First will wash lentils and Tuvar dal and soak in 2 cups of water for an hour.
2. As dal is getting soaked, side by side wash all the vegetables well and chop them.
3. Now in a pressure cooker add soaked lentils, tuvar dal, carrots, tomatoes, green beans, chopped garlic and cauliflower. Please make sure you don’t add capsicum now. Will use it while seasoning.
4. Add 4 – 5 cups water or as watery you want.
5. Now add salt and turmeric powder.
6. Give a stir and close the lid, give 3 – 4 whistles.
7. Now after whistles off the flame and open the cooker.
8. Now give them a stir with spoon, make sure you don’t mash the vegetables, if dal is thick add more water and make the consistency as you desire.
9. Now again on the flame and let it get more boiled.
10. As its getting boiled, other side will prepare its seasoning.
11. Heat a pan, lower the flame add butter, ghee or olive oil as per you wish.
12. Let the butter get hot then add cumin seed and as it gets little brown add curry leaves and sliced capsicum.
13. Now pour this mixture in soup, sprinkle black pepper powder and garnish with chopped coriander.
14. If you want add 1 tsp lemon juice.
15. Mix it well and serve it hot. You can also serve this soup with normal or brown rice.