Lauki/ bottle gourd / Ghiya is the vegetable which is never liked by kids, during my childhood even i never use to like it. some of adults still don’t like it. As we all know lauki is very much healthy. its consist 90% water which is very much helpful for or digestion. Ayurveda also recommend it to have in our daily diet.
Looking at it taste many people don’t like it. so here you can try this twist lauki paratha, so the healthy stuff is also gained by us and get something new to taste. serve it hot with curd or any your choice chutney.
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 30 mins
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- 2 cups grated lauki
- 2 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- ½ cup Rawa / Semolina
- 6 – 7 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 or 2 green chilies
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp haldi powder
- Pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1 cup coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- ghee or oil as required for roasting parathas
- First rinse, peel and then grate lauki in a bowl.
- Now add 6 – 7 cloves chopped garlic, 1 or 2 green chilies, ½ tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp haldi powder, a pinch of asafoetida/hing, 1 cup coriander chopped and 1 tbsp oil
- Now with help of spoon mix everything very well.
- Then add 2 cups whole wheat flour and ½ cup rawa.
- Mix the the flour with the rest of the mixture.
- Knead smooth dough. Make sure you don’t add any water while kneading.
- The lauki juices are enough to knead the dough.
- If you feel the dough getting sticky add little flour or oil.
- Now cover the dough and keep it aside for 10 – 15 mins.
- Till than you can make mint or tomato chatney.
- Now after 15 mins, take the dough punch them once again.
- Now make a small to mediums sized ball from the dough.
- Take the dough ball on the rolling board and begin to roll it with a rolling pin.
- Roll the balls into paratha with a rolling pin.
- Now place the rolled lauki paratha on a hot tava.
- Cook one side half and you see some bubbles formed then flip it.
- With help of spoon spread some oil or ghee on the partly cooked side.
- Flip again and spread some oil or ghee on the second side.
- Flip again and cook it well.
- Cook it till the lauki paratha is cooked well and you see some golden or brown spots on the paratha.
- Serve hot lauki paratha with curd, some raita or chatney. Enjoy…