Tawa Paneer Tikka is the best appetizer can be prepared at home without oven. The yummy paneer tikka recipe is the best starter for any parties and occasion.
Its very simple to make and easy to bake ob tawa, a normal tawa can make such a delicious, mouthwatering dish. Oven or airfryer can also be used. it can also be grilled.
All ingredients in paneer tikka by Dadi Ki Handi is simple and can get at home easily. Its healthy Paneer tikka in a dry form, so it can be served with green chutney.
Its best for parties and you can serve the dry paneer tikka restaurant style.
TIME: TOTAL TIME : 2 hrs 20 mins
PREP TIME: 2 hrs
COOK TIME: 20 mins
Basic ingredients for paneer tikka:
250 gms paneer/cottage cheese
1 large green bell pepper/capsicum/shimla mirch
1 medium size onion
1 medium size tomato
For the marinade:
200 gms thick curd/yogurt
1 tbsp crushed ginger garlic
2 tsp red chili powder or as per taste
½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
1 tsp jeera powder/cumin seeds powder
juice of half lemon
1 tbsp oil
Salt as per taste
- First will chop the paneer in square shaped cubes.
- Then will chop all the veggies also.
- Make sure all veggies Tomato, onion and capsicum should be chopped in square shapes.
- Now keep the chopped veggies and paneer aside.
- Now in a large mixing bowl, take the curd and with the help of spoon whisk it till it becomes smooth.
- Now add chopped ginger garlic and mix it well.
- Now add red chili powders, haldi powder, jeera powder and salt as per taste.
- Now mix the spice powders with the curd.
- Now also add 1 tsp oil.
- Mix the curd well.
- Now add the veggies and paneer into curd mixture and gently mix it well.
- Make sure curd mixture get well covered to all veggies and paneer.
- Now keep this mixture for marinate atleast for 2 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Now after 2 hours take out the mixture and keep the marinated paneer and veggies at room temperature.
- Now skewer the veggies and paneer alternately on skewers.
- You can also use tooth picks.
- Now heat a Tawa or nonstick pan and grease the pan with some oil.
- Now place the tikka one by one over the pan lower the heat and fry the tikka properly.
- Make sure all veggies and paneer get well cooked from all side and gets brown in colour.
- When all tikka’s are done you can serve them or remove the panner and veggies and arrange them on a plate.
- Last but not lest squeeze lemon on tikka.
- Now serve the delicious panner tikka with mint chutney and enjoy.