Carrot Pancake is one of my favorite pancake. The mix taste of spice, sweet and sour makes this pancake mouthwatering and tempting. It has secret recipe of carrot chutney which helps all moms to make their kids to have the carrot , which kids usually don’t like. The divine taste of mix healthy batter makes it more yummy and healthful. So enjoy the recipe and be healthy…
COURSE : Breakfast
SERVINGS : 6
TIME : 30 mins
For Carrot Chutney:-
2 medium size Carrot
1 medium size Onion
4 – 5 Green Chili
5 – 6 Garlic clove
1 tsp honey or sweet as per taste
Salt as per taste
For Batter :-
1 1/2 cup Oats
1 1/2 cup Besan (Chickpeas flour)
1 1/2 cup Rava (Semolina)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 cup curd
Salt as per taste
- First for batter in a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients 1 1/2 cup Oats, 1 1/2 cup Besan (Chickpeas flour) and 1 1/2 cup Rava (Semolina).
- Mix all the ingredients well. Now add 2 cup curd into it and with the help of spatula mix it well.
- Add water as per the requirement and make thick batter. the consistency for batter should be same as dosa batter.
- Now add 1/2 tsp Baking Soda and salt as per taste.
- Now keep the batter aside for 1 hr, if you want u can keep it for overnight also.
- As the batter is getting ready will prepare the Carrot chutney.
- Take carrot wash them and peel them and cut them in big size. same with onion give them a rough cut.
- Now in a mixer jar add cut carrot, onion, garlic and green chili.
- Now grind them in a fine paste, add little water if required.
10. Take the chutney in a bowl add salt as per taste and honey. with the help of spoon mix them well.
11. After one hr take the batter and give it a gentle mix.
12. While mixing you will find that batter has leveled little up.
13. Now as the batter and chutney are ready will start the process of pancake.
14. Now heat a non stick pan and put 1/2 tsp oil over it.
15. As pan gets hot with the help of big spoon(Kadhchi) place the one spoon batter over the pan and spread it. place the lid over it and medium the flame.
16. After 2 mins give a check if lower base got little brown then flip the pancake.
17. As you flip it then with the help of spoon spread the carrot chutney over it.
18. Now again with the help of big spoon (kadhachi) pour the batter over the chutney and cover the non stick pan with lid.
19. After 2 – 3 mins check the upper batter get baked then flip it again and wait till it gets brown too.
20. When both sides are done. Repeat the same process with rest batter.
21. If you want more vegetables to be added you can chop them and place then over the chutney and then the batter.
22. As all batters are done place them in serving plate and serve them hot with Tomato sauce.
Note : For more vegetables you can add sliced spinach, grated carrot, grated beetroot and many more.