Poha Cutlet is a delicious, yummy and spicy cutlet made by Poha (beaten rice). Its anytime snacks. its easy to make and can be serve during breakfast also. serve it hot with Mint chatney or Curd sauce.
COURSE : Snacks / Breakfast
SERVINGS : 4
TIME : 1 hr
4 cup thick Poha (beaten rice)
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup boiled mashed potatoes
1 tsp chopped garlic and green chillies or as per your taste
1/3 tsp chopped coriander
3/4 tsp lemon juice
salt as per taste
oil for shallow fry
- First give a wash to the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds.
- Now in a bowl put the washed poha and pour little water into it. Now keep it aside for few minutes, so that the poha will absorb the water.
- Meanwhile grate the carrots and mash the potatoes.
4. Now after few minutes take a mixing bowl add the beaten rice, mashed potatoes, grated carrot, chopped garlic and green chillies and with help of your hand give it a nice mix.
5. Now add salt as per taste, lemon juice and mix it well. Make a good hard batter.
6. Now add salt as per taste, lemon juice and mix it well. Make a good hard batter.
7. Now divide the mixture into small balls and press them little to give a cutlet shape.
8. You can give it any shape round, oval any kind.
9. When all mixture is done heat a non-stick tava , grease it using 1 tsp of oil, and place the cutlets on it.
10. Now cook the cutlets till they turn brown in color from both the sides.
11. Repeat step for all cutlets.
12. Serve hot with tomato ketchup, Pudina chutney or curd sauce.