Jaggery Seviyan Kheer special recipe on the occasion of Eid. Jaggery Seviyan Kheer is sugar free desert. Little easy effort and this yummy desert is ready. You can serve it hot or chilled.
COURSE : Sweet
SERVINGS : 2-3
TIME : 1 hr
- 3 cups full fat milk
- 1 cup Jaggery
- ½ cup broken seviyan
- 8 cashews
- 8 almonds
- 8 pistachios
- 8 dates seedless
- 4 cardamoms crushed
- First will heat the milk in a saucepan and let it come to a boil.
- Now lower the flame and simmer for few minutes till the milk slightly thickens.
3. Now as the milk is getting boiled side by side will roast the seviyan.
4. Take a pan and roast the seviyan till it gets golden and then keep aside.
5. If you want then you can get roasted seviyan from market.
6. If you want to make it heavier you can roast it in ghee also.
7. Now keep aside the roasted seviyan. Make sure in between you keep on string the milk.
8. Now give a chop to all dry fruits we have and keep them aside.
9. Here also if you want you can roast the dry fruits in ghee.
10. Now when you feel milk got much thick add the roasted seviyan and stir it well.
11. Now on low flame cook the seviyan till it gets soft.
12.As you keep string and cook the seviyan you will find the milk will also get thicken and reduce in volume.
13. Now add the cardamom powder and give a stir.
14. Now don’t off the gas, but take down the saucepan and add jaggery into it.
15. As you add the jaggery, you will find the milk will get converted into paneer and will release its water.
16. Now put back the saucepan on gas and higher the flame.
17. Now on high flame keep on string the seviyan.
18. You need to stir it till you find the water gets burn or reduced.
19. When you find just name sake water into in switch off the fire and stir.
20. Now add the chopped dry fruits and mix it well.
21. Now taste the seviyan kheer and add more jaggery if required.
22. Serve the kheer hot, warm or chilled.
23. More you can garnish the kheer with saffron strands or rose petals or dry fruits or powdered cardamom.