All time favorite veg biryani. This veg biryani is very light to have and easy to cook. Its not a dum biryani so can be made easily and quickly. Its enrich with full of vegetables and spices. server it hot with Raita on any occasion.
COURSE : Dinner / Lunch
SERVINGS : 6
TIME : 40 mins
Basmati rice – 1 & 1/2 cup
Onion – 4
Carrot – 1
Cauliflower – 12 small pieces
Green peas (frozen/fresh) – 1/4 cup
Capsicum- 1/ 4 cup
Paneer – ¼ cup
Curd – 1 bowl
Chopped coriander – 2 tsp
Ginger, Garlic and green chili paste – 2 tsp
Garam masala – 3/4 tsp
Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Yellow/orange food colour – 1 small pinch
Salt – 2 tsp as per taste
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cardamom – 2
Cloves – 2
Bay leaf – 1
- In 1 spoon warm water mix the food color and keep it aside.
- Soak basmati rice for at least 1/2 hour or as much time as you can.
- Now cook the rice in cooker with 1 cup water, 1 tsp salt, 1 bay leave , 1 clove and a tsp of ghee or oil.
4. Now in a kadhai heat oil and deep fry lengthwise sliced onion.
5. Fry in medium-low flame. Deep fry onions so that you get golden colored caramelized onion.
6. Now fry the onion until it get golden brown and keep aside.
7. In same kadai, heat remaining oil. Now add cinnamon, Cardamom, cloves and bay leaf.
8. Now after you get the pretty aroma add ginger garlic and green chilli paste and stir it well.
9. On medium flame keep let its raw aroma get vanish, as you find raw smell vanished.
10. Add the chopped vegetable.
11. Now higher the flame and stir it well. Let the capsicum water get burned.
12. As you see all vegetables are little soft, lower the flame and all garam masala, chilli powder and salt.
13. Now mix it well, all the vegetables should get well mixed with the masala.
14. Now add the small sized cut paneer. Mix it well and higher the flame.
15. When the paneer get mixed with masala, lower the flame and add 1 bowl curd into it and give a nice mix.
16. As you add the curd after 5 mints it will start leaving oil, sprinkle some chopped coriander and off the flame.
17. Now the main vegetable masala is ready. Make sure salt and masala are proper and little spicy as it going to get mixed with rice.
18. Fried onions are ready, vegetables are ready and cooked rice are ready.
20. Sprinkle some fried onions, chopped coriander leaves.
21. Repeat this until you finish rice and vegetables.
22. Make sure you finish it with rice layer on the top with onion and coriander leaves.
23. Now spread the yellow food color over the rice.
24. Close with a lid.
25. If you want you can preheat the biryani on lower flame for 5-6 mins.
26. And if you’re using pressure cooker, close the lid, without whistle and keep it on lower flame for 5 – 6 mins.
27. Bake it and off the flame. Then with the help of big spoon take it out properly so that you can see the layer of rice, vegetables and onion.
28. Serve hot with mint chatney and raita.